Request a Visit (NJ only)
Bright & Beautiful teams provide ongoing or one-time visits to many types of facilities including:
- Medical and Physical wellness – hospitals, rehabilitation centers, long term care
- Education – elementary, middle and high schools, colleges and universities, libraries, scouting and 4H clubs
- Older Adults – nursing homes, assisted living facilities, senior centers
- Mental Wellness – company health and wellness events, group houses, funeral homes
We also visit private homes, at the request of a family member.
And there is absolutely no cost to any facility or family!
All our members are volunteers and love doing this kind of work!
- If your facility, organization or family member is located in New Jersey and would like to request a visit, first please read the information below about the request process.
Then, click here to complete a request form.
- If your facility, organization or family member is located outside of New Jersey and would like to request a visit, our Evaluators may know local members who might be available.
Please obtain assistance from one of our Evaluators who is based in your area.
New Jersey Visitation Requests Only
Please read this overview carefully before making a visitation request:
- A facility representative or family member (for a private home visit) must complete the B&BTD Visitation Request Online Form, describing the details of the opportunity.
- Complete the form at least 2 -3 weeks before the desired date or start to provide time for members to learn about the opportunity.
- Once our office receives the completed request form, we advertise the opportunity with our New Jersey members via a biweekly email.
- Since B&BTD members are volunteers, they have different interests and schedules and select where and when they visit.
B&BTD does not make the direct placement at a facility, event or private house and teams are not sent out by our office.
- Therapy Dog teams who are interested in your visitation opportunity will reach out to you directly.
A therapy dog visit is usually one hour long. If your event is longer, you must ask for multiple teams and stagger the visitation hours to cover your event.
If you don’t hear from a sufficient number of volunteer teams, plan accordingly and be aware you may not have teams for your entire event.
There are no guarantees a team will be available to meet your request since everyone is a volunteer.
But the opportunity can be reposted in an upcoming announcement, if you request it through our office.
Visitation Request Form
- Due to the timing of communications with our members, we request a minimum of two weeks advance notice for events.
- If your event is far in the future, e.g., 3 – 4 months ahead, members may not respond. Please consider submitting your event a couple of months in advance.
- Our insurance carrier states that Facilities must provide an escort or point of contact (a facility employee or volunteer) for the therapy dog team on all visits.
- Resident pets (if any) must be removed from the area during a visit.